Gobbledygeek episode 399, “Disclaimer: Not a Criminal Act,” is available for listening or download right here and on iTunes here.
FIRST THING’S FIRST: Paul obliquely confesses a past sin during this episode, it’s kind of a super tense moment, but Arlo has cleared off-mic that it was not a criminal act! So…do with that what you will! Elsewhere, the world is fucking ending, so you might as well watch The End of the Fucking World. Paul and Arlo muse on the collapse of civilization, discuss proper social distancing etiquette, and recommend things to watch and read as society dissolves. Some of those recommendations: The Hunt, now available on VOD since movie theaters have shuttered; comfy junk food movies like Yes Man and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past; Netflix’s I Am Not Okay with This; Hawkeye: Freefall by Matthew Rosenberg and Otto Schmidt; Matt Fraction and Steve Lieber’s uproarious Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen; and, of course, perennial classic Good Burger.
Next: Ten years. 400 episodes. It’s all led to this. It’s a shame we’re all dying.
Total Run Time: 02:08:53
- 00:00:46 – Random thoughts on the end of the world
- 00:59:30 – Paul interrupts the flow to obliquely confess a past sin
- 01:13:00 – What to watch / read as we slowly go mad and die alone
- 02:02:26 – Outro / Next
- “Doom Days” by Bastille, Doom Days (2019)
- “Make Art Not Friends” by Sturgill Simpson, SOUND & FURY (2019)