Gobbledygeek episode 414, “Batman and the Heat Death of the Universe,” is available for listening or download right here and on Apple Podcasts here.
For another freewheeling freestyle extravaganza, Paul and Arlo cast their minds to everything from billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne to the inevitable end of all things. They wonder how they might write The Deli Counter of Justice in the harsh light of 2020 before the conversation mutates into a treatise on the relative fascism of Batman, an update on Arlo’s progress through Andy Mulvihill’s Action Park book, the boys reacting to the Dune trailer because that shit always gets mad hits on YouTube, and eventually a rumination on whether or not human life should even exist. What a fun pop culture podcast.
Next: more fun.
- “The End” by The Doors, The Doors (1967)
- “The End of the Line” by Traveling Wilburys, Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1 (1988)
- Support Black Lives Matter and find anti-racism resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- Donate to the Milwaukee Freedom Fund in support of the protesters in Kenosha: https://supportwomenshealth.salsalabs.org/mkefreedomfund/index.html
- Register to vote: https://vote.gov/
- Support the California Wildfire Relief Fund: https://www.calfund.org/wildfire-relief-fund/
- Help teachers and classrooms in need: https://www.donorschoose.org/
- Support RIP Medical Debt and remove the burden of medical debt for individuals, families, and veterans: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/
- After the tragic passing of Chadwick Boseman, educate yourself about colorectal cancer, and get screened if you’re at risk: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/colon-rectal-cancer.html