Perfection, NV, pop. 14, is adding three more country bumpkins to its census: Paul, Arlo, and Jason Tabrys, writer for Uproxx and Den of Geek, who is returning to the show after a stunning two-year absence. The gang is here to continue the month-long horror celebration Gobbledyween by discussing Ron Underwood’s 1990 creature feature Tremors. There is discussion of Kevin Bacon’s small head, Burt Gummer’s voting record, the simple efficacy of S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock’s script, why the Graboids are great movie monsters, and more. Long-time listeners will know that when Jason Tabrys is involved, more means more.
NEXT: we want all our garmonbozia. Jessica Shipp joins us to discuss Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
- 00:00:28 – Intro / Guest
- 00:06:00 – Tremors
- 01:33:40 – Outro / Next
- Failed Astronaut: A Jason Tabrys Catch-All
- “Tremors: Making Perfection” (Documentary)
- “Tremors turns 30, the most perfect B movie creature feature ever made” by Jennifer Ouellette, Ars Technica
- “Good Vibrations” by The Beach Boys, Smiley Smile (1967)
- “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On” by Jerry Lee Lewis, Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On (Single) (1957)
- Support Black Lives Matter and find anti-racism resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- Help teachers and classrooms in need: https://www.donorschoose.org/
- Do your part to remove the burden of medical debt for individuals, families, and veterans: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/
- Register to vote: https://vote.gov/