I am a podcast. This week, Paul and Arlo are joined by Wesley Mead to unravel the mystery of Derek DelGaudio’s stage show In & Of Itself, now available on Hulu in a filmed version directed by none other than Frank Oz. Truth be told, if truth is a concept you believe in, the gang doesn’t do much unraveling. No, that would be beyond the point. Instead, they discuss how the show makes them feel and what it reveals about the relationship between one human being and another. Magic, wolves, self-identity, and the communal experience all make an appearance. Plus, Wezzo tells us how the UK is faring with lockdown, and Arlo raves about Merawi Gerima’s stunning feature debut Residue.
NEXT: I’ll meet you in another life, when we are both cats. This month’s Four-Color Flashback is all about Ronald Wimberly’s take on Romeo and Juliet, 2012’s Prince of Cats.
- 00:00:55 – Intro / Guest
- 00:23:37 – Derek DelGaudio’s In & Of Itself
- 01:52:12 – Outro / Next
- How Derek DelGaudio Pulled Off the Astonishing ‘In & Of Itself’ by Matt Wilstein, The Daily Beast
- Here Are All the Celebrity Cameos in Derek DelGaudio’s In & of Itself by Matthew Dessem, Slate
- “Dog and Wolf” by Green Dolphin Street, Boozekilla (2017)
- “I Am” by AWOLNATION, Run (2015)
- Support Black Lives Matter and find anti-racism resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- Help teachers and classrooms in need: https://www.donorschoose.org/
- Do your part to remove the burden of medical debt for individuals, families, and veterans: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/
- Register to vote: https://vote.gov/