We’ve all been isolated, to some degree, for the last year. Austin Allan James’ debut feature Who’s With Me?, available for free on YouTube, perfectly captures the sense of loneliness and paranoia to which many of us have become accustomed. His film was also almost entirely finished pre-pandemic. Paul and Arlo talk with Austin about his clairvoyant powers, working on a shoestring budget, the inspiration he draws from filmmakers such as David Lynch and Joel Potrykus, how much of a fee turtles can demand, and what it all means, man.
NEXT: at long last, we go undercover with Wesley “Wezzo” Mead for a discussion of The Americans season 1.
- 00:00:52 – Intro / Guest
- 00:04:40 – Main Topic
- 01:08:25 – Outro / Next
- Who’s With Me? – Full Feature (2021 Sci-Fi, Drama, Horror) [YouTube]
- “Locked Inside” by Reef, Rides (1999)
- Support AAPI communities and those affected by anti-Asian violence: https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/stop-aapi-hate
- Support the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund: https://aapifund.org/
- Support Black Lives Matter and find anti-racism resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- Help teachers and classrooms in need: https://www.donorschoose.org/
- Do your part to remove the burden of medical debt for individuals, families, and veterans: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/
- Register to vote: https://vote.gov/