Gobbledygeek episode 460, “MCUTV: Hawkeye,” is available for listening or download right here, on Spotify, and on Apple Podcasts.
Clint Barton, draw back your bow and let your arrow go straight to Disney+. Hollywood big shot Michael Holland joins Paul and Arlo for another season of MCUTV. This time, Jeremy Renner returns as the titular Hawkeye for six episodes of street-level crimefighting. He’s joined by Hailee Steinfeld as that other titular Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, to do battle with tracksuit bros, LARPers, and showtunes. The gang praises the show for its relatively small stakes, compares it to Matt Fraction and David Aja’s classic run, discusses Clint’s unique baggage both inter- and extra-textually, and more.
NEXT: like the Terminator, we’ll be back.
- 00:00:33 – Intro / Guest
- 00:09:37 – Hawkeye
- 01:39:45 – Outro / Next
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” by Thurl Ravenscroft, Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
- “Save The City” by Adam Pascal, Ty Taylor, Rory Donovan, Derek Klena, Bonnie Milligan, Christopher Siever & Shayna Steele, Hawkeye: Vol. 2 (Episodes 4-6) (2021)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Support AAPI communities and those affected by anti-Asian violence: https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/stop-aapi-hate
- Support the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund: https://aapifund.org/
- Support Black Lives Matter and find anti-racism resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- Advocate for writers who might be owed money due to discontinuance of royalties: https://www.writersmustbepaid.org/
- Help teachers and classrooms in need: https://www.donorschoose.org/
- Do your part to remove the burden of medical debt for individuals, families, and veterans: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/
- Register to vote: https://vote.gov/
My question about Rogers, the Musical! is the fact that Ant-Man is on stage. And Ant-Man is the only non-Avenger (from the first movie) that was also in NY/2012 during the “time heist” and they’re all actually in the timeline spawned from *that* day and not the original day, and that might come in to play later. A ripple effect that from the POV of the original Avengers might start to notice the difference, and that is now only Bruce and Clint. What else has changed from that day to now for them?
Oh. And Thor.