Gobbledygeek episode 470, “The Mighty Marvel Movie Catch-Up,” is available for listening or download right here, on Spotify, and on Apple Podcasts.
And you run, you run to catch up with the sun, but it’s sinking…well, before it sets, Paul and Arlo have a few MCU movies they need to discuss. Due to that pesky pandemic, we’ve gotten behind on the Marvel Cinematic Universe here at Gobbledygeek, but fear not! In this special, super-sized episode, Paul and Arlo discuss three mighty Marvel movies: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which brings Chinese mythology to the MCU; Eternals, which brings a race of immortal god-beings to the MCU; and Spider-Man: No Way Home, which brings a whole bunch of Spider-Men to the MCU. The boys rave about Tony Leung, have a friendly (?) debate about the merits of Eternals, can’t get enough of Andrew Garfield, and so very much more.
NEXT: he is vengeance, he is the night, he is Kenn Edwards! Everybody’s favorite podcaster/guitarist joins us for a look at Matt Reeves’ The Batman.
- 00:01:47 – Intro / Banter
- 00:03:53 – Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- 00:46:42 – Eternals
- 01:45:50 – Spider-Man: No Way Home
- 02:37:50 – Outro / Next
- “Time” by Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
- “Three is a Magic Number” by Bob Dorough, Schoolhouse Rock! (1973)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Support AAPI communities and those affected by anti-Asian violence: https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/stop-aapi-hate
- Support the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund: https://aapifund.org/
- Support Black Lives Matter and find anti-racism resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- The Trevor Project provides information and support to LGBTQ youth: thetrevorproject.org
- Trans Lifeline: https://translifeline.org/
- US (877) 565-8860
- Canada (877) 330-6366
- National Center for Transgender Equality: transequality.org
- Advocate for writers who might be owed money due to discontinuance of royalties: https://www.writersmustbepaid.org/
- Help teachers and classrooms in need: https://www.donorschoose.org/
- Do your part to remove the burden of medical debt for individuals, families, and veterans: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/
- Register to vote: https://vote.gov/